Sectors of priority at SHTP
The following technological sectors are of prime priority and encouraged to invest in Saigon Hi-Tech Park:
- Micro-electronics, IT and Telecommunications.
- Precision Mechanics, Automation and Robotics
- New, advanced materials, new energy.
- Biotechnology applied in pharmaceuticals and environment.
Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Incentives
- Tax rate equals 10% in 15 years, including 04 years of 0%, 9 years of 5% and 2 years of 10%.
- Tax rate equals 10% in up to 30 years, applied for large-scale projects, using high or new technologies which is highly encouraged by Vietnamese government.
- Tax rate equals 10% for entire project's lifetime, applied for corporate income from training - education, vocational training and environmental protection services (socialized sectors).
Import duty exemption
For goods imported to form fixed assets of the project, including:
- Equipment and machinery
- Special use means of transport included in technological lines which cannot be domestically manufactured yet; worker-transporting vehicles including 24-seat (or more) cars and waterway crafts.
- Components, details, knocked down parts, spare parts, fittings and accessories accompanying machinery, equipment and special-use means of transport stated above.
- Raw materials and supplies which cannot be domestically produced yet to be used for manufacturing equipment and machinery included in technological lines or for manufacturing
- Building materials which cannot be domestically produced yet.
Import/Export duty and VAT exemption
- Applied for goods imported for direct use in scientific research and technological development.
- Export duty exemption and VAT equals 0%
- Access to SHTP Open Labs resources
- Subsidized training for hired and pre-hired employees at SHTP Training Center. Access to preferential loan & grant from Hochiminh City’s Science and Technology Development Fund
- Multiple entry visas for expatriates